Over three decades ago, I heard one of my earliest leadership mentors, Dr. John Maxwell, speak about the five levels of leadership. He described them this way:
1) POSITION (Rights) People follow you because they have to.
2) PERMISSION (Relationships) People follow you because they want to.
3) PRODUCTION (Results) People follow because of what you have done for the organization.
4) PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT (Reproduction) People follow because of what you have done for them.
5) PINNACLE (Respect) People follow because of who you are and what you represent.
As a young 30-something church planter, I set my sights on Level 5. Continue reading “Level 5 Leadership”